Environmental conservation costs *1
Units：Thousands of yen
|Costs||FY2020 Investments||FY2020 Expenses|
|Costs within our business areas||Pollution prevention costs*2||19,000||53,301|
|Global environmental conservation costs*3||190,596||132,483|
|Resource recycling costs*4||0||56,072|
|Upstream & downstream costs*5||0||4,845|
|Management activity costs*6||0||79,246|
|Social activity costs*7||0||1,173|
|Environmental remediation costs||0||164|
Environmental conservation benefits*8
|Units||FY2019 results||FY2020 results||Year-on-year rate|
|Electricity usage||1,000 kＷh||14,987||15,251||101.8%|
|Heavy oil & kerosene usage||kL||3||4||142.1%|
|City gas & LPG usage||1,000 m3||1,630||1,550||77.4%|
|Gasoline & diesel usage||kL||602||391||64.9%|
|Water consumption (main business locations)||1,000 m3||182||161||88.2%|
|Waste substances generated (main business locations)||t||482||428||88.8%|
|Final amount of landfilled waste (main business locations)||t||3||3.9||130.6%|
- *1：Costs aimed at reducing the environmental impact caused by business activities. We compiled them based on "Environmental Accounting Guidelines 2005" published by the Ministry of the Environment
- *2：Costs related to environmental damage prevention due to pollution such as water pollution, soil pollution, air pollution, etc.
- *3：Costs related to global warming prevention, energy saving activities, etc.
- *4：Costs related to proper disposal of waste, recycling etc.
- *5：Consignment fee for recycling of containers and packaging (costs for collection and recycling of packaging containers for pharmaceuticals etc. in Nippon Shinyaku) etc.
- *6：Costs related to maintenance and operation of EMS (Environmental Management System) and environmental education of employees
- *7：Costs related to offerring classes to elementary schools in Kyoto city, greening in the workplace, regional cleanup activities, etc.
- *8：Corresponding to an increase or decrease in factors impacting the environment from the reference year; the decreased gasoline and diesel usage resulted from reduced external sales activities and increased internal work due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Human Resources Development
|Training for new employees||times||1||1||1|
|Training for newly appointed supervisors||times||2||2||2|